Friday, March 25, 2011

My Body is a Cage

That keeps me from dancing with the one I love, though my mind holds the key.

IT’S FRIDAY AND I FINISHED MY HISTORY PAPER AND I CAN SLEEP IN TOMORROW AND WATCH POKEMON AND RELAX (SOMEWHAT) AND I NEED THE WEEKENDD

Phew. Downside about this particular weekend? I start gym on Monday. Wonderful. Just what I need to do right before I go to physical therapy. Though I’m not sure how much longer I’m gonna have that; my doctor never said how long I was supposed to go for. Ah well, it’s actually nice hang out with other injured people.

Why is it that adults assume that teenagers are incapable of intelligent, “mature, adult” thinking? My history teacher, for example, won’t believe you if you come up with an idea that sounds “too intelligent” and will assume you’re lying. That infuriates me beyond belief. Who says that age equates to intelligence? Or that experience sprouts ideas? Epiphanies and ideas and theories and hypotheses are born of anyone’s mind, regardless of what age they are. Just because you, Mr. Lynch, are fifty, and my friend and I are teenagers does not mean that you have dibs on all the intelligence in the room. Remember, now, that you were the one who thought malaria had been eradicated by Bill Gates. Just saying.

Beddy bye time, my back aches.

Suzi Q

1 comment:

  1. GYM. I despise it already.
    That's weird that Mr. Lynch said that, he seems to respect the memebers of my class and has not insulted anyone, yet. I'll be on the lookout. And Bill Gates? Really?

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete

Musique


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones